Aqua Care USA in Prairieville, Louisiana - Breach of Contract and Grossly Overpriced

Breach of contract: the contract stated that a wall would be removed, a new pony wall would be built and a glass partition would be a part of the new shower, electrical work to relocate 2 light fixtures, towel rack would be relocated, sheet rock mudding and repainting. The only work done was removal of the existing shower insert and installing a bench and tiling over the existing walls. No wall was removed, no pony wall installed, no light fixtures were relocated, the towel rack was not relocated, and no sheet rock and mudding and no repainting.

Gross overpayment for amount and quality of work: we are in the process of getting a bid from three reputable builders in the area; however preliminary findings range from $2,000 to $4,000 for what was done. So far my parents have paid Aqua-Care USA $5,980.89 which is half of the original contract.

Misrepresentation of the work that could actually be done: the installer said he has never torn down a wall and would not know how to do that and refinish it.

Amount of time that it actually took to do the work: was told it would take 3 to 5 days and actually took from January 11, 2014 through February 1, 2014.

Was told that they were licensed and bonded in the state of Louisiana and they were not.

Appear to only prey on the elderly. Their whole sales pitch and advertisement is geared to the elderly. After the fact, there were many complaints on the Internet about this company and how they rip off elderly people.

The company is a pyramid operation with their own telemarketing group that operates under another name and they called even though my parents are on a no call list.

Comments

Absolutely.

We target the handicapped and the elderly/aging to attempt to provide them with a service and product that could save them from doing the crappie flop on their floor - we're doing Gods work here and we don't care about do not call lists, because that do not call list won't keep you or a loved one from falling - so we'll call in the morning, noon, and night to get you to take a look and see if we can help you help us help you. We are a solutions for life company, but we are people also - we have to eat, you have to bathe, we both would like to do it easily, therefore, I work at calling you (easy work) to offer you a walk in tub or shower (easy bathing) - where's the real harm?

You don't want it, just hang up. Disconnect your phone or something, I don't know.

Just make sure you call before you fall - and if we're calling you, feel privileged - you may be on some big do not call list that doesn't care a bit about you if you fall and bust a hip into sharp little pieces, but you are on our do not fall list - that's a great thing. Just go with it.

to Anonymous #1018412

Aqua Care called my elderly parents & pressured them.

"If you don't sign today, we can't offer this deal".

My parents signed & then changed their minds. When I called them one guy there had the audacity to tell me that children of elderly parents don't care if their parents are safe & don't want them to get a new bathroom so the kids get a bigger inheritance. What a ***. He also told me that I would like the owner because the owner is Italian (I'm Italian).

My answer to that was "Al Capome was also Italian".

Do not call list you say you ignore it? Then you are ignoring & breaking the law. So you are unethical!!!

You can be fined up to $16,000 for violating the do not call list.

If someone wants a new bathroom, let them call you.

Going though all this stress put my 89 year old WWII veteran father in the hospital & I lost him 2 months later. Call the elderly, ignore the do not call list & put unneeded stress on my fathers heart, which he was already having issues with.

Also, Aqua Cares contract is ***. I got an attorney & Aqua Care immediately returned my parents deposit.

Don't let them push your parents around. Your comments are despicable. Your doing Gods work??? Think about that.

Gods work is ripping of the elderly? Breaking the law? And manipulating the elderly? Someday you'll have to answer to God for that comment.

May the Lord have mercy on you.

to Anonymous #1205014

I am very pleased with how they treated my mother! In fact my mother told them that she didn't want the new shower, they left and she called me.

I went to her house and called and invited them back. Later that evening we did business with them! It was the best thing we ever did! Now I don't have to worry about her falling!

As far as the Do Not Call list, I'm sure the "person" that said that they don't care about "no call list" is NOT FROM the company! Why on earth would they write that! Also, I'm on the "no call list" and I still get call's!

The government runs the "do not call list" and I'm sure you have learned by now that the Government Can't Do Anything Right!

Thank You Aqua Care USA!

They also lie and say they are on tv!!!

View more comments

Aqua Care USA - Failure to install shower per contract

On April 24, 2013, I and my boyfriend met with a sales representative from Aqua Care USA. We gave a 10% deposit on the work to be done for a custom shower. A week later the materials man came to get an official measurements and we gave an addition 40% deposit as required by the contract; $5600.00 all together.

We had purchased a custom shower to be installed on May 29,2013. No one called from the company to advise us that the install date could not be met, and the date passed without any installers showing up. No one called to reschedule. The contract that we signed stated that the company had a 20 day window from the install date to commence installation. After the 20th day , Aqua Care USA was in breach of the contract.

I waited a little more than twenty days and contacted the company and was told that the construction manager would call me back. He didn’t. I called several times after that and never received a call back. Then I called and was finally connected to him directly. He said that he had tried to call me back, but the home phone had been entered wrong in the computer. Was my cell phone entered wrong also, and how many phone calls did it take before checking the contract to see if the number was correct; not to mention that I had left my number every time I called.

Our conversation concerned the construction manager’s opinion that the splash guards on the bench set would not be sufficient to keep water off the floor when using a shower curtain. He wanted to consult the engineers to resolve the problem. He said he would e-mail me a drawing of the shower. This successfully forestalled my question of when would the shower be installed, which was probably his intent.

Needless to say, after a week I had not received the e-mail, so I called and he said that every time he sent it the e-mail had bounced back. I asked the CM what address he had and it was correct. I told him to send it while I waited on the phone. I was amazed that I was not amazed when it came through as a schematic that had nothing to do with what I ordered, and did not even show the bench seat. He again began to explain the problem in painful detail. I solved it by telling him to move the seat back 2” from the shower pan. He said that he would e-mail a revised schematic for my approval. After I hung up, a search of the company website determined that he was describing a problem with an another design and not the shower that we had been sold.

After fifteen days and no e-mail, I called again yesterday, the 6th of August. By then the CM had lost the thread of his story, and told me that he had ordered the materials the day that we last spoke and would call the warehouse manager to confirm that the materials had arrived then call me back. At this point I must say that one of the painful details referred to above was that it would take two days for the materials to arrive from the manufacturer, then two to three days to send to the installer, and then the shower would be put in within a week. I felt I should run into my bathroom and see if the shower had magically appeared!

I was shocked when the CM called me back the same day, but that wore off as soon as he said that the shower pan had not arrived. I guess it didn’t occur to anyone to check into this over the course of the last fifteen days, but he assured me that he would.

At this point I believe that I have sufficient cause to not believe anything that I am told by Aqua Care USA. The resolution I am seeking is a full refund of my $5,600.00. There is a clause in the contract that states that Aqua Care can retain up to 20% of the deposit, however, they are in breach of contract and a full refund will suffice as damages.

Comments

Moline, Illinois, United States #942273

They are actually located in Grimes, ia for some reasonwhen they call they use the name American safety baths and showers they deliberately abuse the Do Not Call list and we are calling on all parties who have been called by them to start calling our attorney general or something. You can find them on the internet. NOTHING WILL STOP THEM FROM CALLING YOU

Sapulpa, Oklahoma, United States #853695

I hope you got your full refund.

Monterey, California, United States #703983

Are you in California? If so you need to contact the contractors board right away (cslb.ca.gov) if you are in Monterey County call 831-233-1877 and speak with the deputy.

I know something about this company. They misrepresent themselves and take advantage of the older population.

They have the telephone reps that set up the appts for the sales people use a fake company name since they call people repeatedly that are on the DO NOT CALL LIST. When the appt was made with you for the salesman to come over, you were told the company name is "Home Safety Bath and Showers". I certainly hope you can get all your money back - every dime as they have breached the contract. Keep after them!

Get your money back. Call the attorney generals office. Call your own lawyer. You will be better off working with a reputable company.

When the installation appt was set, the probable knew there was no way they could met that date. Get all you money back and go to a local reputable plumbing company and work with them.

View more comments